Winter Holidays in Zauchensee
Skiing and Action-packed Holidays in the Ski Amadé
Zauchensee is famous as a winter paradise. The picturesque scenery is especially enchanting, and with an elevation of 1,350 metres above sea level, there is always snow. Our apartments at Schneider Ski Lodge are located in the heart of the Ski Amadé, right in the centre of the Salzburg Sports World. This is a prime location directly on the ski slopes and surrounded by the leading ski resorts of Zauchensee, Flachauwinkl and Kleinarl. Zauchensee is the highest ski resort in the Salzburg Sports World. It’s no wonder that we are famous as snow heaven. Snow two metres deep in the mountains is not unusual, even in late spring.
During your winter holiday in Zauchensee, you can choose from an abundance of things to do. There is fantastic snow from late November until late April for skiers, hikers and snowboarders, as well as cross-country skiing on well-kept trails and a breathtaking Alpine panorama. Set aside some time for a romantic sleigh ride or explore the winter scenery on snow shoes. Frolicsome tobogganing and curling attracts both young and old.
During your winter skiing holiday in Zauchensee in Salzburg you and your family have a world of choices at your disposal for exploring the glorious scenery.
Cross-country Skiing in the Salzburg Sports World area
In the double holiday paradise of Altenmarkt-Zauchensee cross-country aficionados and skating companions are welcome. You will experience a cross-country paradise in a class by itself – mainly because Altenmarkt-Zauchensee is famous as one of the top three cross-country areas in Austria. The 260km, continuous trail network in the communities of Altenmarkt-Zauchensee, Radstadt, Flachau, Wagrain, Eben and Filzmoos (Salzburg Sports World) will not disappoint you.
- 63,2 km long trail
- 6 locations in the Salzburg Sports World are connected by the Tauern Trail
- Entry is possible from any location – entry is in the immediate vicinity of the apartment building
- Stops can be made along the trail
- Equipment rental available in Zauchensee
Winter Hiking over Snowy Terrain
An unforgettable nature experience. If you need some peace and quiet, this superbly manicured winter hiking trail network in Altenmarkt-Zauchensee will fill the bill.
- 47 km of manicured winter hiking trails in Altenmarkt-Zauchensee
- 42 km of uniformly marked snowshoe trails for every taste
- Guided snowshoe hikes bookable
- 240 km of hiking in the Salzburg Sports World
- Easy trails in the valley and moderately difficult ones passing through pastures and by huts
- Uniform signs (yellow)
- Quaint, cosy huts and restaurants
A romantic setting, warm clothes and all wrapped up in fluffy blankets – this is what a sleigh ride dashing through the white winter world should be. Our sleighs can accommodate up to 14 people. You won’t be able to resist stopping off at the cosy huts along the way.
- Available in Altenmarkt and Zauchensee
- Sleigh rides – also for large groups
- Days, evenings and nights
- Pick-up is available directly at the Schneider Ski Lodge apartments
Amadé Waterpark Adventure
Enjoy skiing in Zauchensee and relax in the evening at the Amadé Waterpark Adventure. Just 12 km from our apartments in Zauchensee, fun for the whole family awaits you at Amade Waterpark. You can relax to your heart’s content and bask in that wonderful feeling of wellness.
The diversified bathing and sauna scenery will thrill you as you sample the saltwater relaxation pools, wave and sports pools, exciting slides, unique sauna infusions and soothing massages.
- Bathing, relaxation and adventure covering 30,000 square metres
- Open 365 days a year (9:00 a.m. till 10:00 or 11:00 p.m.)
- 11 pools and 3 slides
- A variety of plans and services
- 5 different themed-related saunas with a diversified infusion program
- 23% discount with the Salzburg Sports World Guest Card
- Events galore
- Different kinds of Ayurvedic massages, Mon-Sun from 11:00 a.m. till 9:00 p.m.